Air Conditioner Services
Summer is right around the corner in our area. If you are a native to Miami Beach or the surrounding areas, then you know just how important a functioning air conditioner is. You also probably know just how inconvenient it is when you start to notice your AC is not producing cold air when it should. If your air conditioner is not working properly, there could a number of things wrong. To determine what is going on, it’s best to schedule an inspection with a reputable air conditioning company, like Kool My Air, Inc.. We can send someone out to take a look at your unit to see what is going on. In some cases, your unit may just need a few repairs. In other cases, however, it may be time for a replacement. Either way, rely on our team to expertly complete an air conditioner replacement in Miami Beach, FL. Call us at 833-321-5665 to schedule an appointment.
Signs You Need to Replace Your A/C
There are several things to look for to determine if your AC unit needs replacement. As a homeowner, pay attention to things like:
- Lack of cool air: Probably the most obvious sign of AC trouble is a lack of cool air. Now, this could be the result of a few things, which is why an inspection is important before automatically replacing your unit. But if your unit is around 10 years old, replacement is necessary.
- Moisture buildup: All AC units will produce water/moisture, but a well-functioning unit will be able to handle it. If there is too much buildup or even leaks, they are a sign that your unit is not functioning properly. Depending on the severity of the issue, you may be able to get away with repairs. But deal with moisture as quickly as possible to prevent mold growth.
- Strange sounds: Grinding, squeaking, and other louder than usual sounds could be an indicator of something wrong. A functioning unit, even an older unit, will make noises, but if they start to become louder than usual, you may need to repair or replace your air conditioner.
- Bad smells: Smokey or burning smells are not a good thing to be produced by your AC unit. If these smells are present when your AC unit kicks in, something is wrong. Contact Kool My Air, Inc. as soon as possible to begin inspecting and potentially replacing your unit.
- Higher energy bills: An inefficient AC unit could be causing your energy bills to skyrocket. The older the unit, the harder it has to work to cool the air in your home. You’ll see this in your bills, which can quickly increase the older or more damaged or air conditioner is.
This is why inspection scheduled for at least twice a year are so highly encouraged. Regular inspections, maintenance, and repairs can help your unit last longer than 10 years and still work efficiently. Another easy way that homeowners are encouraged to keep their AC units running smoothly is by changing the AC replacement filters at least once a month. Doing so will prevent dust and dirt buildup, which can affect the efficiency of your unit. The best thing you can do is invest in an energy efficient ac. These units are designed to effectively and efficiently produce cool air for home. The energy output is significantly lower than a regular unit and they can easily be installed by the Kool My Air, Inc. team.
What To Do
If a contractor has explained that it is time to replace your unit, you may be wondering what needs to happen. For air conditioner replacements in Miami Beach, FL, rely on Kool My Air, Inc.. We can quickly replace your unit without disturbing your daily activities. To do that, we maintain well-stocked trucks that contain all the necessary AC replacement parts. Whether you choose an energy efficient unit or a regular unit, we have the tools and skills to expertly install your unit. We even work with insurance and construction crews to install units during new construction. Whenever you need reliable AC services, Kool My Air, Inc. is the team to trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to replace AC unit?
- Depending on what is needed, an AC replacement cost can be between $500 and $4,000 to replace an AC unit.
- How often should you replace air conditioner?
- While AC units can last up to 20 years, it is recommended to consider replacement at or around the 10 year mark. The older your unit is, the less efficient it will be, driving up energy bills.
- Can you replace just the outside AC unit?
- Technically speaking, you can. But before you pay out for a replacement, schedule an inspection to make sure there is nothing else wrong with your entire AC system.
- How do I know if I need a new AC unit?
- Strange sounds, higher energy bills, and a lack of cool air are definitive signs something is wrong and you may need a new AC unit.
- How long does an AC unit last?
- In most cases, AC units last at max 20 years, but you will notice drastic changes in your unit around the 10 year mark.
Contact the Best AC Team in Your Area at 833-321-5665!
Your AC unit has a powerful job to do, especially with summer coming up. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact our office at 833-321-5665 to schedule an appointment for an air conditioner replacement for your Miami Beach, FL property. Let the Kool My Air, Inc. team provide quality and reliable services today!